Classes 1F and 1KS
Welcome back to school. We hope that everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and we wish you all a happy New Year. Thank you very much for all your presents and good wishes.
Theme – We are Britain
- Science – What changes can we see from autumn to winter? Weather and seasonal change.
- History – Who lives and works in a castle? Castle life.
- Computing – How can I research castles? Illustrating and e-book about castles and making a short film.
- DT – Can I design and build a castle? Designing and making a moving drawbridge and using recipes to bake food from different parts of the British Isles.
- RE – What do Sikh’s believe in? Guru Nanak and the celebration of Vaisakhi.
- Music – Can I feel the pulse and rhythm in music? Focussing on different styles of music.
- PE – Can I use different levels in my movement? Apparatus and dance.
Events: Trip to Skipton castle (more information to follow). Later this term, we will have a medieval day where children can come dressed up as a character from a castle.
PE continues to be on Monday and Tuesday. Please can all PE kit and pumps be named. On Monday children will come home in their P.E kit. Children will then come into school on Tuesday in their P.E kit and will change back into their uniform.
NB. P.E kit is: black shorts or sports trousers/leggings, white t-shirt, school sweatshirt and dark trainers/pumps.
Library: Year 1 will continue to have the opportunity to visit the library on Monday afternoons and choose a book to take home for the week. Please make sure they have their books with them if they are wanting to change it each Monday.
Read and relax: Later this term, we will be sending out a parent pay inviting you or a member of your family to come into school for a read and relax session.
For this half-term children will be continuing with using Numbots for their homework. Please let us know if you don’t have access to a computer/tablet and we will send home a paper version.
Miss H Flaherty Miss L King Mrs R Schofield