We aim to make the PTA as fun as possible and welcome any help and support you are able to give.
Letters and emails are sent out requesting specific help for each event. We may require donations for the Fairs, or baking for the Cross Country. We always require helpers to man the stalls at our bigger events and the ethos really is “the more the merrier”. If everyone can help out just a little bit it makes it more enjoyable for everyone.
The PTA events have become an integral part of the school calendar, and children and parents alike look forward to them. Without parental help we just couldn’t run them all and wouldn’t be able to raise valuable funds for the school.
Here are a few comments made by people who have helped out at events…
- ‘Helping out helped me to meet lots of new parents and feel more connected to the school’.
- ‘It was well organised and I was able to choose how I wished to be of help’.
- ‘I helped on the day of the event – I was given a one hour time slot so that I too could enjoy the event with my family’.
- ‘My children felt very proud that their mum and dad had helped’.
- ‘It was rewarding to be part of a great fundraising event’.
- ‘It made me appreciate the hard work put in by the PTA’.
If you are interested in being on the Committee then please get in touch. New members are usually appointed at the AGM but we are always looking for new recruits. It’s a great way to get to know other parents and to help make a difference to the school.